Today, Good Friday, sees the start of the Round Britain Rally and Ian together with Biker Ted were up and out early. The plan was to bag a few landmarks and attend a meeting of fellow rallyists to mark the first day of the challenge.
This left me to my own devices so I decided to have a sort through one of my cupboards to see what was hiding at the back.
First find was some pastel dyesticks and skeleton leaves, so I made some rubbings onto a piece of dyed cotton, added some batting, machine stitching ,metallic paint and voila a quiltie or postcard or ATCS, not sure which.
I really need to practise more with my machine stitching, suspect I try to stitch too fast sometimes.
I then found some old dyes that a fellow student had given me maybe 5 years ago. Rather than throw them out, I used them for some plastic bag dying for use as backgrounds and discovered that the brown dye did not work at all.
Most of the results were quite pale but I am sure that they will get used sooner or later
The silk fabric picked up the colours as lovely pastels
The only problem is that my room is even more of a mess now.!!