Wednesday 2 April 2008

Bobbin lace and tatting

On a Wednesday nights I try and get to Stitched Up craft group meeting held at the Textile Workshop. I usually take some hand sewing that I can do easily whilst chatting. Last night I realised that I don't really have anything portable so I dug out my lace bobbins which need the old thread unravelling and my tatting shuttle which I haven't touched for years. Hopefully I'll get the bobbins sorted and paired ready to set up a practise pillow to take in one week for everyone to have a go.

quick practise run with the shuttle last night

my favourite bobbins are black with metal work like these

3 comments:

hippopip said...

I am impressed with the tatting sorry to read about the computor crashing hope you get better luck now Pippa

kate smudges said...

I love the look of your bobbins - they are cool! If only I knew what to do with them. It is a beautiful art.

Your blog name is great - I love the idea of motorbikes and thread.

Becky said...

What a coincidence! I just dug out my tatting shuttles from 1970 when I was the only teenager around doing tatting. I have never seen the bobbins though. What are they for? I always just wound the thread by hand onto my shuttle bobbin(round) I hope you make something cool and photograph it. Tatted lace is lovely.

Bikerchickz