Tuesday 11 November 2008

In disguise

I seem to be between projects and not sure what direction to head in next, definitely need to sort out and thin out my fabric stash. I don't keep an art/studio journal so maybe thats something I need to think about so I can keep a stock of design inspirations. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Something I do want to follow up is my lace work as I took the plunge and rejoined the local bobbin lace society at the weekend and acquired 17 back issued of Lace magazine so I officially have more patterns than I will ever have time to make.

Anyway, here is a photo I found on Ians computer, taken on our lindisfane trip, I think I need to add some colour to this outfit!!


6 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I love how you talk about lace in the same post as you put a picture in your biker outfit!

mzjohansen said...

Paint that helmet !
Great photo !

Julie said...

I can just about recognise you in there! Do they make pink leathers?!!! LOL

BumbleVee said...

how 'bout some hot pink shoelaces? a bright coloured scarf? hahahha... ....I kind of like it when I can ride around and nobody knows if I am male or female.... although one of my jackets is red and black like my bike... and more fitted ...

and, I'm so glad to see you wearing a full face helmet. It makes me crazy to see anybody (but especially women) on a bike and not wearing any protective equipment. I guess they've never seen how serious a road rash you can get even if you have to lay the bike down at slow speed. Good luck when they have to spend days and weeks tweezing out sand and gravel and dealing with the infection and scarring hey? Not to mention losing an eye if a truck tire throws up a stone.... I know riders from the old days... when it was cool not to use helmets... yep..they were cool alright... and now one is blind.

Lise said...

What about a quilted cover for your helmet?? In that way you could use some of your stash........Lovely photo!

Magpie Sue said...

You need to quilt that outfit with some neon or flourescent thread!!! No-one will be able to see you if you're riding around in the dark in that! (Or even on a gray rainy day.)

Do try to start keeping a studio journal. It can be a place to record and store ideas but also a place to play around with potential ideas. I took Sharon's Studio Journal class and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was keeping a sketchbook before then, but I have to say I use it more, and more effectively, now.