Wednesday, 8 April 2009

having a tidy up...... Warning, long Post

I had a good day out with my sister on Friday, all good intentions of buying new shoes for work disappeared as I found a pair of jeans instead. Lunch was at our favourite Chinese buffet restaurant where we gossipped and put the world to rights.

Life is a bit strange at the moment as we are both at home all day and It's taking a bit of getting used to! still, I return to work next week ( which should be interesting) as the physio is happy with my progress to date although I seem to have developed trigger finger! amongst other annoying side effects ( yes, me too, how did I get trigger finger??)

Ok, what have I been doing since? Well I've had my lace head on for the last few days, for me its a little like retreating to knit, you know the stitches and it's a repetitive process, soothing. I also found time to visit the local Embroiderers guild and catch up with the gossip.

bobbin lace

bobbin lace



I've also had to sort this out


To resemble this so I can get to shorten both mine and Ian's jeans


I received this in the post and was gifted some Jacobs fleece to play with as well.


Yesterday I met Julie in town and we had a day out, checking out the castle, the Lace Market ( Buildings not stalls) and one of our many pubs. Julie has blogged more photos, see here
We had a great time and hope to get together again soon.



Nearly forgot....concrete lace on the panels of the Contemporary Art Centre being built in Nottingham

concrete lace

5 comments:

Julie said...

Have you actually tidied your workspace since yesterday or is that just what you're aiming for? I'm very impressed if you've actually cleared enough space to work. ;o)

Guzzisue said...

I had moved the big shelves out already, the rest took me a couple of hours this morning, needed enough room to lie the jeans flat on the floor to turn them up!! 3 pairs of Ians jeans which have been lying around for several weeks now sit in a tidy pile on the bed. I just hope that I got the legs the same length or he will have to walk lopsided until they wear out!!

Clare W said...

Love your colourful lace particularly and your pictures have made me yearn for Nottingham. We used to live at Thurgarton near Southwell and I miss it so... x

Maia said...

My workspace is half as many space as your workspace.
And it's always messy. :o
I'm glad I could see your bobbin lace. :)

TattingChic said...

LOL! I have no work space so my living room looks like that right now! GASP!!! Did I just say that "out loud"! LOL!
Have fun tidying up! That is what I plan to do this coming week-end! It's my Easter prezzy to myself! :)