Thursday 9 July 2009

TAST revisited, week 27

Bullion Stitch

Bullion stitch ATC

On Stitchin Fingers, the Take a Stitch Tuesday has resumed and this week it is Bullion Stitch. Stitched here in embroidery cotton on handfelted background.

The last few weeks seem to have been so busy that I have hardly kept up with reading blogs let alone any stitching, last weekend I managed to make a DVD slideshow for my mum so she will have a record of the wonderful flowers in bloom at the moment. As a result I have been lax in replying to your comments and I will be catching up with many of you over the next few days :-)

Have you ever tried to explain how you accidently buy something over E-bay? it's really easy, you just wait until there are five of the particular item for sale (all seperately) and you put in a silly bid having seen the first two being sold for more than you would like to pay and promptly forget about it. This has resulted in me buying a Jacobs fleece for spinning for a couple of quid, now I need to buy or borrow a wheel again:-) good job a friend has lent me a drum carder along with 3 different weighted spindles to have a play with.

Anyway, I'm off to surf your blogs whilst thinking of a design for a 10 inch quilt block right after I put the kettle on!!

11 comments:

ingermaaike said...

Thanks for dropping by on my blog, there are so many interesting ones about. A new one I find every day :-D
Put yours in my google reader too.

The place where the picture is taken is Norway, close to Heidal in Oppland.

About an hours drive away from where I live :-D

Julie said...

That's a chunky looking stitch Sue. It would be good for texture.

Sounds as though you are going to be busy. Have fun!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

That's a great sample of bullion stitch Sue.So juicy and full of texture. Have to start on my sample.

Maia said...

Lovely stitches and I love the colors. :)

Anonymous said...

Ive not been stitching either. i love the massed bullion knots!

Pamela said...

Ooh, pretty silk worms, he he.

Vicky said...

Love the bullion stitch, it reminds me of lots of little wiggly caterpillars :)

mzjohansen said...

WoW! This looks so wonderful on the felt! Well done!

Sandie said...

Just found your blog, love your work.
Sandie at Rag Rescue.

Jane said...

Accidentally buying a fleece sounds like a good problem to have. Just as long a you don't follow my example and forget to put in a decimal point on a bid...

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Gorgeous gorgeous stitches
Carolyn x