Sunday 2 January 2011

Sunday 2 Jan

I don't intend this to be a daily blog but I'm trying to get back into the habit of being on here. I do seem to live on Facebook and Ravelry a lot :-) I'm on Ravelry as Guzzisue and tend to hang around in the spinners forums..no surprise there then!

First up today, I managed to block the shawl last night so its now finished and I've no idea what to do with it. Knitting it really was a stash busting exercise as I spun the yarn last year and the whole thing was part of a dyeing session last summer.


fluff day 014


spinning 054




I had forgotten all about the Archers special on Radio 7 today so I have now re tuned the radio so I can catch a few hours whilst trying to do a bit more sorting out.

I've been thinking about what to do this year, I'm afraid that embroidery etc sort of got abandoned in favour of spinning and learning to knit. I still have a lot to learn and being a co owner of a knitting shop means that I need to know a lot more! However I have a friend who is desperate to learn bobbin lace and I fancy doing a bit of felting again so Its looking like a busy year, again.

I hope to knit some small stitch samples as although I enjoy knitting other peoples patterns, the City and Guilds part of me keeps nagging and saying inspiration, design etc so I would like to try and either design my own shawl or maybe just combine knit, felt, embroidery in some way.

Spinning gives me the chance of creating my own threads/yarns and remains as much of an obsession as ever.

bead fair yarn

2 comments:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Hi Guzzi Sue, You have done lovely job on your spinning and knitting. Your shawl is beautiful.
I too have neglected my blogs a bit this past year also because of spending too much time on Facebook and Ravelry.
Happy New Year.

miltonita said...

Hi Guzzisue,
the pictures of yarn are so beautiful! and the idea of combining knitting with embroidery and felting sounds interesting, I'm sure it will be a very unique and beautiful piece.
Good luck with all your projects!