Sunday 8 July 2012

Little Shop of Horrors

It was a normal Saturday, nothing unusual was expected, just a date to meet Wikkidknitter for coffee and visit my Mum in the afternoon, just a normal Saturday like any other until....

The clock in the shopping centre struck one and someone started singing....

and there was the dancing, and the singing....




I stood there with a silly grin on my face, love anything like this , when  a flyer given to me explaining what was going on and a request not to film which is fair enough. I explained that I would blog the event if they wanted as I am always happy to support things happening in Nottingham and this was met with a broad smile :-) So here are the pictures if young people having fun and here is the reason.



One if my favourite musicals along with the Rocky Horror Show!!! So if you live in the Nottingham area you will find more details here about the Lakeside Arts Centre and New Street Theatre Company have a Facebook page here

3 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I don't understand about not filming; going viral would give them TONS of exposure and bring people to their musical.
It was a great movie, loved seeing the beginnings of Steve Martin, John Belushi, Bill Murray, John Candy and so many others.

Araignee said...

I love that play! I find myself singing "suddenly Seymour" all the time-of course it doesn't come close to causing what happens to me when I hear "Time Warp"! It's embarrassing.

New Street Theatre Company said...

Hi Guzzisue

Thank you for mentioning us in your blog! We're glad we put a smile on your face:-)

We received permission from Josef Weinberger, the rights holders to perform the music your heard in the Victoria Centre on Saturday and part of the license agreement is that no recordings are made. Thank you so much for your understanding. We're delighted you enjoyed this spontaneous performance of live singing and dancing and thank you for your support.

We hope you get to see the show.

With very best wishes

Katherine Morrant
New Street Theatre Company