Sunday 8 February 2015

Phew !!

So people still read blogs, thank goodness for that, I didn't really want to be talking to myself for the next few months!

So, a quick recap on some of the stuff from last year, since I am still unable to travel by bike we packed up the car in September and headed back to our bolt hole...the Isle of Skye to try and unwind a bit. We always joke that one year we will stay up there and each time its more of a wrench to come back.

We had booked a cottage, made the journey in around 10/11 hours arriving in time to sit and stare at across the bay and let the island work its magic.

You can't lose with a view like this from the front door.



perfect for watching the cruise ship/yacht come in.

we spent our time revisiting familiar haunts, catching up with people we know and chilling as much as possible.



I took the opportunity to drop in and spend some time with the local spinners group where I was made very welcome and I will be heading back in a few months for another session with them.


Portree harbour looking very pretty with its boats and painted buildings





We left with some regrets, a very nice new jacket from Skye Batiks and headed down the coast to visit some of my family.

more next time...


3 comments:

Araignee said...

I would never leave.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That looks like a wonderful place to get away and unwind!

Maggi said...

Skye certainly is a place that I would like to visit. I'm sure that you wouldn't be the first person to be beguiled into staying. Beautiful photos