Friday 8 January 2016

all change

Well it looks like I'm going to be very quiet on the spinning,weaving and knitting front after today's meeting with my consultant. Since we don't know what is causing the problem, he wants me to lock away all fibres used for spinning , knitting,weaving for the time being in case they are causing it. It doubtful that they are as I've been spinning etc for six years or so but we need to look at anything that could be the culprit.
It looks like I may be getting the paints out and I'm sure I have a cross stitch kit somewhere that needs doing

I must have bought these kits about 20 years ago!!! 27 count fabric and ridiculous number of shaded cottons, no wonder I never started them :-)

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I used to love complicated kits like that. I haven't done cross stitch in ages. Once I started designing my own samplers, I got bored with it. That's when I moved on to tatting!

Guzzisue said...

Just the same for me but I have three of these kits, there was another one but I think I passed it on to a new home some time ago. Hopefully this will keep me going when I don't feel too creative although I fancy going back to drawn thread work or even blackwork so watch this space.

Araignee said...

Oh, no....I had the same issue a while back and started using a mask when I spin fibers that I have processed. Fine commercial ones don't bother me but the ones I wash do.
The good thing about the needlecraft world is there is always something you can do if one thing doesn't work for you. I love stitching and those projects are beautiful.

Maggi said...

I do hope the fibres don't turn out to be the problem. Those are challenging kits which should keep you out of mischief.