Sunday 4 December 2016

more chit chat and a bit of knitting

Hi

I'm sorry that my blogging is a little sporadic at the moment but often I really don't have a lot to tell or show.

Today I ventured out of the house, too many weekends have been spent at home recently but I didn't stay out for long. I went into town to have a look at the Christmas market but it was very busy and pretty much the same store holders as last year, and the year before etc.


The sun was very low and in the wrong place for this photo but just right for these..


I quickly visited a couple of shops, walked through the arcade and headed back to safety of my workroom.


I did pop into the crafts in the city at Waterstones, some nice pieces of glass jewellery and pottery caught my eye but there were two stalls of hand knitting and the prices made me wonder whether to ever try and sell my hats or just to give them to nice people :-) plain handwarmers at £10 per pair, not even sure how much the hats were but also I don't know how much the stall cost or even the yarn and the time taken to knit them.

Food for thought..

On the subject of knitting, Kep no 4 finished and waiting blocking,

 ( and a bobbin of texel 3/4s full)

this is tonight's homework...a basket of Jacob to prep, I didn't intend buying this in the summer, it just jumped into the car with several others!!

And on the needles....not sure what the fleece is as I inherited from Pete when he had a bit of a clear-out a couple of years ago.




1 comment:

Araignee said...

Goal for January: get my hands in some fiber.
Love that hat!