Sunday 8 November 2020

I needed some mitts

 Hi,

The reality of being at home this time of year is that wearing layers keeps the body warm but my hands always chill down quite quickly so I found a skein of handspun Bond ( Australian breed evolved from merino/Lincoln)

I've made them short on the thumb and with the fingers free so I can still work with them on.


we've had a few good days, sunny but chilly which has given us some wonderful sunrises


although not today !!


Returning to cross stitch has made me want to sort out my even weave fabric and threads, that was until I found this lot in addition to those I knew about.

Yep, that is 8 yards, 56 inch wide of even weave !! I vaguely remember buying it at some ridiculously cheap price many years ago. I had forgotten about the complete set of threads ( dmc I think) all on printed cards with their numbers .


As I also have a drawer full of bits and pieces of threads, my next job will be to try and organize them somehow . I may have to have a look on ebay for some card bobbins to wind them on to.

thats about it for now, more next week x

1 comment:

Araignee said...

I just did a floss clean up and used bobbins for the first time and loved them.
I wish we were having mitt weather here. It was cool for a few days and now it's back to warm and humid. This has been a crazy year for so many reasons.