Monday 25 January 2021

weather change

 Hi,

Yep, we finally had some snow worth mentioning. You have to remember that in parts of the UK, even 1cm of snow sparks excitement, I'm not sure that we had any around here last winter but yesterday this happened.


We had a couple of inches or so, enough to make the local kids head down to the school playing fields which have a good slope on them. 

Crafty endeavors this week? some fibre prep 



about 100gm of jacob which empties another of my many fleece filled pillowslips.



The inkle weaving is finished so I'm experimenting with some 'holes' and the next this will to be to see if I still have a bag of random buckles tucked away.


I forgot to show this last week, I'm intrigued by this style of sampler and found this chart on gazette 94 blog.

My book arrived.



Bargain for the price :-)

Since I bought my new desktop computer back in 2016. I haven't bothered replacing the paint programs  like paint shop pro and corel. I just couldn't be bothered and frankly lost interest in that side of things for a while. 

This week I downloaded Gimp just out of interest after finding a couple of pieces of my design work from way back when. I had a play with a couple of photos to try and find my way around the settings.



and this one of a peat stack I particularly like



The next experiment was to tackle one of my designs.



Now this is fun!!

I suspect I will be playing with this for a while :-)

That's about it for this week,, take care, speak soon xx



No comments: