Monday 1 March 2021

Is it spring yet?

 The sun is shinning!! I've even had washing on the line over the  last few days. Its due to get a bit colder again this week but the last week really lifted my spirits :-)

My knitting, spinning mojo is still largely missing but I'm slowly stitching on my two main projects, The small Quaker sampler and the experiment.


The Quaker is coming along nicely and I will definitely stitch another simply because I like the regularity of the designs.


AS for the experiment, I'm about 3500 stitches in so far and its sort of beginning to take shape. I'm reluctant to reveal what it is at the moment, I'd rather wait and see if it gets more obvious.


Today I have a sore arm, the result of having the covid vaccine yesterday ( I fall into the clinically venerable group) but hopefully that will be the only discomfort.


We have made a few more plans for roadtrips later in the year and we still have festival tickets from an event that was cancelled last year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for getting out and about even if still socially distanced by being in the van .


Also, thinking ahead about this blog, I'm considering doing a series of posts relating to the area I live in  once the stay at home order is lifted and travelling by public transport is permitted. It's just an idea in the back of my mind at the moment but there are a lot interesting places within this county to visit and photograph and it would give me the opportunity to revisit many of them. It would be a separate post to my weekly crafty type update, probably a couple of posts a month. 

Would anyone be interested in this? BTW the county in question is Nottinghamshire, in the East Midlands, UK. 

Please let me know, thanks.

Take care, speak soon xx


3 comments:

Araignee said...

Your Quaker is gorgeous! Congrats on getting the vaccine. We are still waiting here. I would be very interested in learning more about where you live. I always looked forward to your travel posts. Your photographs are wonderful.

Monica said...

The quaker is looking great! Congrats on getting the vaccine. Hopefully, you will not have any side effects with the second dose. And, yes, please share more about your whereabouts. I would love to travel thru your eyes :-)

PS: I am also stitching more than knitting these days....must be something in the air.

Guzzisue said...

thanks for the comments ladies, as soon as we are able I will venture out with the camera. I suspect it will be after mid april looking at the current timetable x