Monday 12 April 2021

oops, published without a title

 I'm writing this on Monday 5 April and after wearing my tatty, patched crop trousers for 3 out of the last 4 days I'm now sat looking at it trying to snow and yearning to get back on the road.

I'm currently spinning some cheviot which I may naturally dye if I can find my dye stock ( and havent already thrown it out) if not it will go into an acid dye dye once the weather improves.



I did get as far as tea dyeing some more fabric for future project and at the moment I'm sat with a cup of tea undecided whether to have breakfast or turn on the spinning wheel.

Mon 12 April, still cool/cold, tried to snow yesterday but I've been brave and packed away the biggest of my winter woolies and my fleece leggings will hopefully go away after their next wash.

The next in my line of small pillows ( again, a free pattern from Sub Rosa ) is finished and the black sheep pillow has been received by my friend.



A new pattern is being stitched, this time from Beth Twist 


This will also be a small pillow, just because :-)  ....

The major event of the week was going over to the van, checking everything out and making a list of what needs replacing in the bathroom and the first aid kit. Eventually, after jumpstarting from the battery pack, we headed out for a drive. Although campsites reopen in England from today, we will not be away for a few weeks and even then we will be keeping our fingers crossed that we will be allowed to cross into Scotland and that their campsites will also be open.


Have a great week everyone, speak soon xx


1 comment:

Araignee said...

Beautiful stitching!
I packed up all my winter woollies too and jinxed myself as it is cold again today.
Happy travels. Second jab tomorrow. I can't wait to get on the road again.