Sunday 2 October 2022

Autumn is here

 The leaves are changing colour and its definitely getting cooler. The heating is not yet on but we have switched from salads for most meals to cooked meals and the kettle is definitely getting more use.

I finally finished the holiday washing, all bedding and towels etc repacked ready for the next trip out.

Evenings have been spent knitting and spinning so most of the holiday fibres have now been plyed and washed ready for labelling and a further 200gm or so prepped and spun.



 The wensleydale x zwartbles is interesting, quite a few short cuts unfortunately and the sun bleach tips break off easily, so care is taken whilst combing. A lot of waste but this is mainly down to me being quite particular about what I like as a spinning fibre. These two are ready for a wash and soak once I've finished my coffee.



The grey hat is finished, washed and will be on its way to a new home soon. Another hat is on the needles and sat by the armchair ready for a few more stitches later tonight.


sorry, not a brilliant photo


On the cross-stitch front, I have completed the first week on both SAL and will start the second squares later today.



Thats really been about it for this week, take care, speak soonx

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Lovely skeins! I pulled out my handspun stash this week and had a lot of fun going through it. I've got quite a bit of natural fiber-more than I thought I had since I do go dye crazy sometimes. Your hat is an inspiration to do some colorwork with it as soon as get some WIPs off the needles.