Monday 29 May 2023

Drowning in fleece

 

Yep, filling the car with fleece.

More Scottish pics to come but I just did a quick fleece stocktake and I'm going to be really busy over the next few weeks.

I've nearly finished the recent Jacob fleece with just 300 gm to spin so I will gather up the spinning and knitting and update you on that one soon. I have around 8 full fleeces and several part fleece to work on at the moment so I'm hoping for the dry weather to continue.

On the wheel and in the wash tub at the moment is a bag of oddments, all Texel x so I'm simply blending them to spin as Aran ready for dyeing although I do need to order some more dyes soon.

On a different note, I'm going to be providing a spinning demo at our local inner city farm this week so my bag and wheel are packed. Interestingly I was using my manual wheel over the weekend and managed to overspin the yarn, I suspect that I'm now too used to the e-spinner.


speak soon x

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Busy is right. That's a heap of fleece!