Monday 3 December 2007

rust postcard

Played with the rust fabric this morning, firstly trying it with black lace but the lace I have is too heavy to let much of the colour through. The patterns on the fabric reminded me of rock strata so I ironed the fabric on to fused?wadding ( the type with glue on each side) then layered black chiffon and machined lines to roughly follow the pattern on the fabric.
I then heated it with the hot air gun.
I then chose patterns to fill with hand stitching, fused it to heavy weight vilene and sprayed the lower corner with Moon shadow mist burnished brass.

Then finished as a fabric postcard as usual. I still have enough left to make into an ATC later this week. Unfortunately the photo does not pick up the gold thread or the shiny paint.

3 comments:

Gina said...

The rust postcard is lovely Sue.

bookwraps by suz.com said...

wonderful use of rust cloth !!!

Lise said...

Wonderful!! I have to try this...
Lise