Tuesday 27 May 2008

Dalai Lama

On Sunday we went to a talk by the Dalai Lama entitled caring for our world, presented by Jonathan Dimbleby. School children gave an opening presentation in dance and word about the history of our planet and its possible destruction unless we choose an alternative future.There was a talk, q&a discussion and poems from children of all ages



Over the 5 days of the visit, a sand mandala is being created by the Tashi Lhumpo monks which will be destroyed at noon on Wednesday.


You can also buy just about anything from the Tibetan market in the big top but due the generator problems, you will probably not be able to see what you have brought until you get outside.

4 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Lucky You! I had hoped to see him when he was in Seattle - but decided I could not deal with the crowds - plus hotel etc. Thanks for sharing.

Fannie said...

Hi, Sue! Sounds like you had an inspiring time. Good for you! I'm enjoying the experience through you. Thanks for sharing the photos, etc.

Pamela said...

I wish I had known you were going, as I was pondering it myself.

Becky said...

What a special treat to see the Dalai Lama in person. He was just in Seattle recently but I had to work. That sand mandala is crazy beautiful. How sad that they destroy it. Love your recent lace creations!

Bikerchickz