Sunday 1 March 2009

Delights and Disasters

I ventured out into the garden yesterday to check on some of our residents

garden frogs

found a bit of texture to photograph

My creation

garden 0209 022

missed the best of the crocus, crocii?

Ian bought another box of childhood items back from his Dads and gave me this
garden 0209 1075
garden 0209 1082
garden 0209 1088


needs a bit of spit and polish!!

This is our brand new fitted hallway carpet hanging out to dry :-(

garden 0209 024

We had noticed a mark on the hallway ceiling but everything appeared to be OK. On Friday I realised that the ceiling paper had rumpled in our main room so phoned a friend and asked if he could check the connectors on our hot water tank. As he moved the lagging, he realised it was full of water and moving it revealed a crack in one of the joints. The water had been leaking and then drying out in the heat, unfortunately once the lagging was removed the leak became a geyser and the tank emptied into the hallway.

garden 0209 1086

We now have no central heating and no hot water until we can get this fixed :-(

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, hope you get that hole fixed.
What a neat treasure! That antique iron with it's little matching trivet is a nice find.

Ruth said...

I love the photos of the frogs and the lichens. Sorry about the leak - hope it gets fixed soon.

Ati said...

O my goodness Sue, that IS a disaster!
The nice thing is the frogeggs, so soon !!, we have still ice on the pond! At your place it is more Spring then here!

verobirdie said...

Oh, that's a disaster! I've had one like this a couple of years back. But why do they insist on installing hot water tanks upstairs? To make sure it is a complete disaster instead of a semi-disaster?

Maggi said...

Lovely pictures thanks for sharing - your pond is going to be very full of wriggly tadpoles soon. Before you clean the iron and trivet up, why not use it to do some rust dyeing! Hope you get the damage fixed up soon and that your new carpet isn't too badly damaged

BumbleVee said...

oh noooooo! house repairs! After 23 years of renovations and updates...I am so sick of dealing with tradespeople... I hope you find somebody reliable and reasonable... and soon...is this friend "handy"? I hope so... poor you.... what a mess.

Julie said...

Wonderful delights but oh dear! What a dreadful disaster! I do hope you can get it sorted out quickly. Sound like a big job though :((

Anonymous said...

Oh no! If you need to borrow fan heaters or anything just give me a shout. Love the froggy photos.

Guzzisue said...

thanks for all your comment, will try rusting with the iron. The forecast typically is for colder weather so its on with the thermals.

Gina said...

What a nightmare. I hope everything is sorted out quickly.

I'm jealous you got frogs in your pond. I think my fish scare them away out of my pond.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

hippopip said...

Sorry to hear about the water diaster but the photos are great.

Unknown said...

Yikes!!! I hope you are managing to stay warm. I will do my best to send you some desert sun and heat...

Love those frog photos...

Threadspider said...

Hope things are on the mend now, hot water tank wise.And I am still envious of your frogs.

Wanda said...

Wonderful pictures! I really love the look of spring...still looking for it where I come from!