Wednesday 29 April 2009

Holiday Homework

just in case you are wondering how I'm managing to post so much this week, I'm on holiday!!! yes I had 18 weeks off, 9 days back at work and now I have a week off. (fortunate for me given how mentally stressful I found work last week)

anyway, here's how my homework is coming on

learning to spin

Jacobs fleece, I bought it washed and sorted

learning to spin

preparing it to spin

learning to spin

not very even but trying hard

I want to know how to spin an even yarn then I really want to play with art yarn and see what I can spin into it!!

5 comments:

Woolly Bits said...

I know it sounds stupid, but I find it far easier to spin an even yarn - than one with slubs and coils! one you're over the beginner stage it takes concentration to go back to uneven stuff! and why can't you spin designer yarn with this? looks good to me - as long as it holds together!

Sally H said...

I am in awe! Pop over to my blog when you get the chance - there is something for you x

Julie said...

Art yarn always looks so exciting. I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Wow, the photos are cool. I think it would be hard, whether you are trying to make it even OR art yarn.

peahen said...

I love this fleece. It looks great so far, and I can't think of a better way to spend a holiday! Plying will even it up and you'll notice any unevenness even less when it's knitted. Any ideas what you'll use it for?