Sunday 9 August 2009

A Grand day out part one

woke up yesterday, sun shinning, hopped on a bus, stepped on a tram and caught a train to Lincoln

So I got off the train and walked up to the canal,
lincoln, july 2009 003


then walked up the hill
lincoln, july 2009 004

and up the hill
lincoln, july 2009 005

and up the hill
lincoln, july 2009 006

and up the hill
lincoln, july 2009 007


and pass the Cathedral

lincoln, july 2009 008

My Destination was the university where the Spinners and Dyers had been holding a Summer school and they were having a small trade fair. I treated myself to all sorts of fluffy goodness for spinning and feltmaking.

lincoln, july 2009 091

I also had the chance to play on a kromski sonata spinning wheel, spins like a dream although a bit more expensive than I was planning on......thinking about it :-)

9 comments:

Lise said...

Do wish I could have joined you...

Sally H said...

hope you managed a cup of tea somewhere on your way up the hill! Love the colours you chose, especially the purpley one x

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

I would say it was well worth the walk up all those hills for those fluffy goodies! You can't beat a bit of fluffiness on a Saturday, or any day, can you?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I don't know how to spin or dye, but it looks like a lovely place to visit!

Gina said...

I love the photos. I hope you stopped for a cuppa half way up the hill. i would have had to.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Julie said...

Looks like a great day out but where was everybody? It looks so quiet!

Wanda said...

Great pictures of a beautiful town. And wow...the fluffy stuff sure looks beautiful!!

Laura Neal said...

Awesome pics! Looks like you made quite the haul! :)

Jackie said...

I walked up that hill and went in that tea room on the left.