Wednesday 4 January 2012

Take a stitch Tuesday...week one... fly stitch

OK, so its been quite some time since I stitched but hopefully this challenge will get things moving again. Anyone who knows me will be aware that I'm not a big fan of stitching on plain fabric or even weave so for the first stitch I have stayed with my spinning fibres that were dyed last weekend.


Blog 2012 018


As for format, I've stuck with ATC size (3.5 inch x 2.5 inch )  which is handy and fits in with previous samples. Also I managed to find plastic wallets at our local supermarket so I can easily file and display them.

The background was made on my embellisher  using selected small amounts of the dyed fibres.

Blog 2012 028

Sorry about the weird lighting in the photo but my workroom is not brilliant in the winter time.

Blog 2012 025


I then spun small amounts of thread on a drop spindle.

Blog 2012 023


and used them to stitch the sample.

Tast week one, Fly Stitch

So , here it is, Fly Stitch.

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Nice fly stitch sample and I love that you made your thread by spinning it. Way cool.

Vlaďka Cepáková said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Maggi said...

I love the way that you have made everything in this piece.

Nuvofelt said...

I used the embellisher and hand dyed thread too. Yours is very pretty.

ValerieL said...

I love the fibers you used to make your sample. Is it hard to learn to spin threads for embroidery?

Connie said...

Love it!
Oh dear,I haven't got an embellisher, but I have done needlefelt ATC's in the past and you inspire me to do some more for TAST stitching! Connie.

Vivian said...

Rich colours!