Wednesday 6 February 2013

woolly wednesday

So, what have I been up to since last woolly Wednesday?

Jan 5/6 spun and plied two full bobbins of Oxford down!!









Jan 4 broke promise to self not to spend money..bought trindle spindle and a mountain of fibre


170grm natural and 56gm blue oxford on the way to Italy

3/4 Jacob fleece washed and part processed



50 gm merino/bamboo/soy mix spun



200 gm ish oxford dyed red and knitted into fingerless mittens



2k romney fleece ordered ...ooops          see here for more



another 100 gm oxford ready to spin....getting bored of this now, it may have to go back in the cupboard



oohh and blue/green fleece combed and purple merino blended......been busy :-)

Looking back, I'm really quite surprised how much I've managed to do inspite of having a full time day job and enjoying surfing the net etc. For February I hope to do some more dyeing, spin up a storm with the Romney as I live the sample spun up just a few hours ago and maybe even get to see some lambs. Will fill you all in on the next woolly Wednesday post x

9 comments:

Shearer's Girl said...

You have been busy! I've never seen a trindle spindle before. How does it work?

The Sassy Spinner said...

Wow - impressed with your spiinuing this month. PS Love the new spindle!

Dawn said...

You have been busy! Similarly I have done quite a lot through January, off to add my pictures now.

Dyeing is on my agenda soon too.

emma said...

Wow! You have been really busy. You've inspired me to crack on with my spinning this month!

Guzzisue said...

Janys... Its lovely wool for fingerless mitts, maybe cream ones with blue thumbs hehe xx

Guzzisue said...

Dawn (and others) My spinning rates increases when hubby is working sundays and llate shift!! and when it's really nice fibre :-)

Guzzisue said...

Emma, thanks, I really want to use up some of the fibre I have stored before shearing starts again !!! I'm trying the little and often approach!

Guzzisue said...

Sassy Spinner, I'm loving the new spindle, at 13gr I think it's the lightest one I have...must check on the weight of the bosworth mini sone time.Nice to have something a little different x

Guzzisue said...

Hi Shearers Girl, the trindal works the same as any other top whorl spindle but the way the beads keep the weight on the outside 'rim' means it spins really well x