So, I got all geared up, found a pattern for a wide torchon edging so I will have something to get my teeth into and started to wind my bobbins with some of the old lace thread that was in my drawer. I tried snapping the thread and it seemed ok so went ahead a wound a dozen bobbins, no probs with the first fan. I did find it a real brain teaser to start to set up the pattern without a guide, but was managing it. I got halfway through the half stitch diamond when one of the threads just drifted apart,
I had another rummage and this time found a spool of Finca 50, emptied all the bobbins and tried again.
Beginning to look a lot better this time, the old thread is now heading for the bin!!
Speak soon xx