Sunday 17 January 2016

2015 revisited

By October last year I was well enough to go back to work although it turned out to be just for a few weeks. I also managed to get down to the Goose Fair in Nottingham.

This is a large funfair that visits the city every year on the 1st weekend of October, many of the rides are fairly modern but I like to wander round just incase there are any vintage gems hiding amongst the stalls. One thing was obvious this year, many of the smaller hoopla stalls had be repainted or had vinyl banners attached advertising recent childrens films such as Frozen and it was a bit sad to see the traditional fairground art is disappearing.

So you can imagine how excited I was to see this beauty... 1930's Super Skid





Of course, there were a few more rides there but I just wanted to watch this one with a silly grin on my face!!









2 comments:

Araignee said...

How beautiful the old time rides were!

Guzzisue said...

I love old fairground rides, they have more character :-)