Saturday 16 January 2016

They said it would snow...

...they lied, just rain and cloud :-( I'm like a little kid when it snows, constantly checking to see how deep it is, watching it from behind the window but today we are disappointed. Such a mild winter so far.
I slept on until nearly 9 today, probably making up for all the days when I'm wide awake from any time between 3 and 6 am but its left me feeling sluggish so the bathroom is only half cleaned at the moment and I'm not resisting the lure of the threads.



I've been spending time catching up with old detective and crime programmes that I have missed over the years due to not having a TV and listening to the radio together with the Harry Potter audio books.

I'm just coming up to do the third stitch on my doodle band, feather stitch although I still have to choose the colour...more on this later.





Earlier today my Mum popped round for dinner and we spent quite some time talking about the family history, a few surprises came to light, quite a few early childhood memories of Auntie this and Uncle that where I really didn't know the family connection.

Much of this should be written down but I know I'll never have the patience to follow it up.





4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your stitching is lovely! I also get disappointed when I hear there will be snow and nothing happens. However, this year, I don't mind missing the snow and cold. If we don't use any snow days, school will be out May 26, the first time in my teaching career that we'll be out before Memorial Day. So, if the weather holds, that will be a wonderful retirement gift!

Araignee said...

No snow here this year. Today it's warm and rainy-again. No snow makes life easier but I do love to see it coming down.
We did our family tree a few years ago using Ancestry.com and I discovered that I am a direct relation to the first white man ever hung for treason in the new world. My one sad claim to fame.

Maggi said...

Nothing wrong with catching up with sleep when you can. We did have snow today so I'm staying in where it's warm.

Guzzisue said...

That proved to be my only lie in, back to early mornings again now!