Sunday 24 July 2016

Tour de fleece... the end

My wheel is empty so I'm declaring this as the end of my tour de fleece for 2016

Random facts.......5 1/2 fleeces washed
                              360gm (at least prepped) and spun
                              950 yards in total

Working full time certainly cuts back the amount I can spin but I think this is the first time I have spun everyday but two and certainly the first time I have spun it all from fleece I have prepped myself.

I'm going to carry on spinning as much as possible to build up my stock for knitting :-)

The Ryeland is super springy/bouncy and shrunk quite a lot on being washed although if I stretched it out fully the yardage would be better :-)
My wheel will probably never see herdwick again!!
Texel, outer wear only !
The charolais was a surprise, assumimg that that is what it is! mittens, hats no problem good job I have a pillow case full.
I still prefer combed fibre to spin even if the waste percentage is higher.

I wonder if there is a challenge for the Olympics ?

3 comments:

Araignee said...

Well done! It's a beautiful collection.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You certainly have a lovely array of yarns! I enjoy reading about your spinning, even though I don't always comment. You keep me inspired to learn!

peahen said...

That's quite a result, well done!

See you at the opening ceremony of the Ravelympics (I refuse to call it Ravellenics!)