Saturday 23 July 2016

Tour de Fleece day twenty one?

help, I'm losing count here.

Still very warm so I've been plodding on with the grey ryland with a view to getting it plyed and washed on Saturday.

I've decided that I am going to still push myself to spin over the next couple of months to make sure that I have plenty of yarn ready for winter knitting.

My washed fleece stash has grown and I have the remainder of the large grey ryland soaking today ready for a good wash tomorrow morning. This means that majority of my fleece have now been washed and stashed in pillow cases and I'm pretty sure that I have labelled them all?

Most of these are this years!! I have tamed them though, they all fit into the large blue bag ( except the last one which I will probably work on next anyway.

The boxes contain either spun yarn or processed fibre ready for spinning. I generally find that I can fit around 100gram of combed fibre on a box so when I feel like spinning I just grab whichever colour I fancy.



No comments: