Monday 19 March 2018

back to the fluffy stuff

Hi
Today it's back to a fibre update. I've been sitting on my hands recently to prevent me buying more fleece, I keep telling myself that there will be plenty at the fibre shows later in the year but it's so, so difficult to resist the temptation. My credit card has been in use recently as I seem to be back in a book buying phase, just trying to see what traditions other countries have and some history of knitting etc.
I must admit to having a growing desire to knit Shetland lace or even Orenburg but I can't see me having the patience to spin all the yarn needed.

Anyway, spinning update !! Here we have 2 x Bond (colour should be a little more red) Ryland, Jacob, Ryland/zwarbles.


This gives a better indication of the Bond colour.
I'm currently finishing up the Jacob/texel fleece that I bought last year, just the oddments to sort through and spin up.
I'm mainly trying to reduce the fleece stash by spinning some for use in my hats and some that will be sold. There has been some fleece which will go straight in the stuffing bag and passed on to another crafter.

As you can see, I've got the Sonata out and I've found a way of resting my bad foot across the treadle to it doesn't move but it stops the footman from knocking. So good to get back to a manual wheel after using the e spinner.

I started knitting a headband but its turning into a hat!! nice pattern though :-)

On the weather front, we have once again had snow. I'm beginning to think that the weather is completely bonkers as it went from 11c to two inch of snow in 24 hours.

In other news, I have another return to work day for just after Easter so fingers crossed that all goes well.

Speak soon, xx








1 comment:

Araignee said...

Snow! I follow several shepherds on Twitter and the snow is making them miserable. I hope you are all in for warmer weather soon.
That Bond is gorgeous. I don't think I have ever seen that color before.