Tuesday 10 July 2018

TDF day 3, they came to take down the fence.


Remember the ryeland that  grabbed me yesterday? It's nearly all on two bobbins, just a little to finish tomorrow morning. I stayed up last night making lots of little nests and ended up with 84gm of nice fibre from the 200gm bag. I know that doesn't sound like much but there is always more rubbish with combing because it gets the rubbish out ( if you know what I mean) and its such a nice fibre prep that spins really easily and works with my fair isle knitting.


For anyone who is new to my blog, this is why I like natural coloured fleece. I hope this explains my obsession with British fleece.



The reason why I'm off work this week is that the fencing men are due to replace our garden fence, it was to be today but the late delivery of fencing panels means that it will now start tomorrow. This has unfortunately put a stop to my plan to wash the fleece purchased at the weekend :-( I usually put it on the clothes airer in the middle of the lawn but the remains of a tree have stopped that and I really don't want the men to be wearing the fleece by the end of the day!








1 comment:

Araignee said...

That is a lot of nests! I did some combing myself last night but didn't get very far. That hat is amazing. You are a master at working with natural colored fiber.