Monday 6 July 2020

Tour de Fleece day 10

Hi

Firstly, can I say how much I hate spinning dyed fleece, I always forget until I try it the next time. Its normally not so bad if I steam fix the colour but this time I was lazy and chucked it in the slow cooker that I sometimes use to dye my spun yarn. 


Because it was the end of a fleece, the bits that I hadn't been bothered to process, the result is quite neppy and uneven. Also my heart really isn't feeling a great deal of love for the colour at the moment.

This little lot went in the wash bucket


Does everyone's wash line look like this on a fine day ?




I also have a sewing task to start on. I plan to make drawstring bags to keep things tidy in the van. We have walking poles that would go in one and I need a smaller one for my sharp ( very sharp knives and bread knife which I keep separate to the normal cutlery)

Some lovely offcuts were given to me a few years ago so I may just patchwork them them randomly for this.

Tonight will be fibre prep ready for tomorrow morning.

Take care xx

2 comments:

Araignee said...

I have serious wash line envy.

Guzzisue said...

haha, I always have to keep my fingers crossed that the neighbours don't light a fire .