Sunday 5 July 2020

Tour de Fleece day 8 & 9

Hi,

I've not made the progress that I hoped over the weekend but did spin every day plus its only 5pm so I hope to do some more tonight.

I did process and spin another 60 gm Zwartbles (prep Saturday, spin Sunday)


I also popped some of the Manx Loughton in the drum carder so I could sample it. I'm a fan of the colour of the fleece but not the short staple. Neither am I a fan of hand carders! I spun a small sample, yet to be washed but passable without too many neps. The colour is a little browner in real life.


The BFL/Swaledale survived being in the slowcooker, the colour is certainly more vivid than I expected.




Also on the agenda this weekend was clearing out the camper as its due for a full service including the habitation ( gas, electric water etc) So this is my annual sort out where I discard anything that's been travelling with us unnecessarily. Hopefully not too much this time, just a good sort out and replacement of bathroom items.


A quick trip out of around 60 miles assured us that all is well, seems strange as the last time we were away in her overnight was February and we've missed a holiday, music festivals and the odd weekend this year. There was one ukulele still in the wardrobe so I've bought that back to for Ian to check and tune

Puffin and Lucas enjoyed the ride out.


Stay safe xx

2 comments:

Araignee said...

I have a bad case of camper envy. It's the only way to travel this year.
Stay safe.

Guzzisue said...

We have loved having the camper over the last 2/3 years, so nice to have your own playthings , ukulele, knitting, spinning wheel, with you. The weirdest thing was the feeling that ive forgotten to pack something when moving from one campsite to another because you don't physically pack your bags each time, just put everything back in the cupboards and wardrobe.