Sunday 27 September 2020

crafty update

 We have been back home for a week now, the first few days were spent madly trying to get the washing up to date, emptying the van and draining everything down incase we get locked down and can't use it again this year.

I must admit that it has been hard to find my rhythm again and I have been reading various things on line that suggest that hitting a wall at six months in any venture is not an unusual occurrence. It has been six months since I finished work so this is probably what is causing the problem.

As I know that it will pass, I took the opportunity to have a quick sort out in the craft room and I have dug out several paint sets, all my commercial yarn (mainly acrylic that I've used for weaving bands in the past) a large cross stitch kit that I have found that even my new glasses can't cope with !!and my colouring pencils. Hopefully, having a new selection of craft items to hand will spark some creativity.


Whilst on holiday I spun around 500 gm of yarn and this has now been washed and labelled, I still have more prepped ready to spin in the evenings.



I have made some more progress on the lace, I'm enjoying this design so will continue with it for a while.




The cross stitch fabric is on the frame and a clip on magnifier has been ordered :-)

As for the yarn, I'm undecided whether to weave or learn some crochet ( I can do a granny square but that's about it ! ) I have seen some beautiful throws on revelry which were originally released as CALs so may look into them a little more.

I've even ordered some more guitar/mandolin picks so now I have a selection of thicker picks to use with the mandolin.


Next week I will let you know if I have made any progress with any of these crafts but for now housework awaits.

Speak soon xx

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Ever since the start of the Pandemic I've been flitting from thing to thing without any real gusto. I can't seem to concentrate on anything very long and it seems I am really just going through the motions. I have to remind myself to be patient and kind with myself as these are trying times. Someone said it's like living through the first 15 minutes of a horror movie over and over.