Tuesday 1 December 2020

packages in the post, a little spinning and an interesting find.

 Hi

Welcome to December !! Where has this year gone? I've now been at home for just over 8 months and it still feels a little weird. I'm actually only on my own until around 1pm then hubby gets back full of work woes and usually snoozes through part of the afternoon. Starting work at 3am has that effect although this last week he has been on 4am starts so there has been more conversation.

Our hope of getting away for Christmas is still hanging by a thread, we are due for a review 16 December and we are keeping everything crossed for a change in Tier (Uk currently in Tiers which carry different levels of restrictions) so we can make a dash for a campsite for a few days to escape the Christmas madness.

Over the last few years we have developed a routine of waking Christmas day in the van, music on, chilling then walking round the country park. It won't be the same if we have to stay in the house :-(

Anyway, enough of my moans !! Postie made a couple of trips to us this week..


I spotted this on eBay so its now in my sewing crate ready for the right moment. Also, whilst on eBay I spotted a box of bits on offer at an opened bid of  £1, so I put a bid on.



For £1 plus postage I acquired this little lot, again stocking the sewing crate for future use.

I hope to have the blackwork finished by the end of this week. I found a frame during my search for patterns and hopefully this will fit nicely.


I'm still working on my hat, nothing much more to show at the moment but I did get my spinning wheel out a couple of days ago as I had found a bag of mixed breed, combed fleece oddments. These were promptly popped through the drum carder.




There is some shetland, manx and romney in there plus other bits left over from previous spins. I usually spin 100-120 gm per skein and if I have any oddments I've popped them in the bag. So far I've spun up a couple of 100gm or so and there is probably another 2/300 to go. Rustic yarn (not washed yet), I may over dye but not sure yet.



Lastly, Ian regularly checks Facebook market place for vinyl, cds etc and at the weekend he spotted a jigsaw for me. I've had my eyes on one called the Weavers shed which has quits and spinning wheels in it but he spotted this one which we hadn't seen before.


lets turn it the right way up, it will make more sense.


This is one for the future, I'm slowly collecting pictures etc to frame and go on the workroom wall eventually and this will join them.

That's about if for both moaning and crafting. I'll leave you with some of the beautiful sunsets/sunrises from the last week.





Have a great week, take care, speak soon xx





1 comment:

Araignee said...

What amazing finds you have!!! That puzzle looks like so much fun. Puzzles have been saving my brain lately. I hope everything is sorted out so you can enjoy your holiday. I listen to BBC 4 all day and I can't make heads or tails of your restrictions. They seem so complicated. It's pretty easy to follow over here. We don't have much of anything and what we have no one follows. That's why our numbers look like they do. I don't know anyone anymore that doesn't know someone either suffering or dead. Our failed leadership is a disgrace. History won't be kind.
Stay safe.