Sunday 25 April 2021

crafty update


 I washed the yarn !! finally a nice warm day to wash yarn. Filled the bucket with hot, soapy water, gave it a soak and a  really good few rinses (taking care not to felt it )and popped it on the line. I tend to spin my fleece with a bit of grease still in after the first wash. I'm really  please with all of it, the light grey Jacob is a little underplyed the rest is good enough.


Jacob/Dorset

Jacob

                                                                           Cheviot

I must confess to doing a little facebook shopping and picked up this book.


My Dad loved steam engines and this little kit reminded me of when we would go around the country hunting them down.


I also finished my mini red sampler.


Both sampler and latest cross stitch now completed.



I'm now starting to prep fleece for our next break and make up my mind which spinning wheel to take with us.

We had a ride round today to make sure that everything had survived the winter, need to pop the summer kit back in ready for an adventure (hopefully)


speak soon xx





1 comment:

Araignee said...

Beautiful yarn!
I love that row of your sampler pillows. It inspires me to do something with all mine now. I just keep piling them up.