Monday 19 April 2021

Spinning mojo on the way back?

 Hi,

Spring is well and truly here and I've finally packed away my thick leggings and big woolly jumpers. I've turned the wardrobe around and looked for my summer clothes only to realise that I still don't have many. A combination of previously wearing a uniform for work and losing a bit of weight last summer has left me with a lot of oversize t shirts and cotton trousers. Great excuse to go charity shopping again this week especially since I didn't find anything last time.

Our pretty cherry tree is in bloom, most years the blossom gets knocked off by heavy rain so I grabbed a photo at the weekend.


Unfortunately the sun means that we also have plenty of dandelions around the place.


On the crafting front, I have a small pile of yarn to wash later today and a couple of bobbins still to ply.



The cream is cheviot, the light gray is Jacob and the dark is Jacob X Dorset. I'm emptying a few bags of fleece oddments before shearing season.

My latest small pillow is nearly finished so I'm planning the next one ( or two)


Free pattern from Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery.

And that's about brought things up to date, its 6am so I'm off to make a cuppa, pop the washing on and start the day :-)


Take care, speak soon xx





2 comments:

Araignee said...

I just packed away all my woollies too and they say it is going to get really cold here again by the end of the week. I have no decent summer clothes either since last year we were pretty much in lockdown and it seems I must have been wearing rags before that. I just told The Mister that as soon as we can get out again I need to go get some decent cloths for warm weather. What that is I have no idea. I feel so out of touch.

Guzzisue said...

I'll be happy for a few t-shirts and cotton trousers that fit. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to take in my prized batik trousers yet but I'll be seeing the business owner soon (hopefully) and may ask some advice.