Friday 14 May 2021

what to pack?

Hi,

I don't know about you but I like to keep busy on long journeys so, in spite of my knitting mojo being at a very low ebb , I have dyed some yarn to knit a hat. This is mainly yarn from a hat that I frogged due to it being far to large and a single mitt together with the corresponding balls left over. I will have a few knots to contend with but no big problem. 


It's worsted weight, mixed British breed fleece ( basically oddments of everything carded into a large batt) and I've knit the first inch of rib to make it easier. Basic pattern, 4 inch rib, 4-5 inch knit then reduce. This time the rib is k1p1 but I do vary this from hat to hat. If I finish this one then I have a spare ball for another one.


After shopping today I had a scout round the charity shops, hoping to find some jeans but sadly out of luck. However I did pick up a couple of craft packs.


The first pack was three small cross stitch kits and almost a square yard of 14 count aida (30x36 inch) Cost £1.99


Another piece of aida, same size, a small kit, a good yard or so of hearts fabric and some Christmas quilting fabric. Cost £2.49

All now squirrelled away for future use as I should have some fabric dyes somewhere around and will have a play with them.

A little progress on the small sampler, I now have pumpkins on it.


That's about it for now, knitting and stitching packed along with warm waterproof clothes.

Speak soon x


1 comment:

Araignee said...

The best part of any trip is packing the projects. I always take way too many but it's better to have too many than too few.