Sunday 20 June 2021

A little more Tour de fleece prep (sort of ) and some knitting

Hi, I'm slowly coming up with a fingerless mitten pattern that works ok with my handspun. The coloured mitts are from a pattern on ravelry but I HATE knitting in thumbs !!

The light grey ones are a pattern that I've adapted before but its all 1x1 rib so I'm not keen but it has short thumbs that are knitted as you go.

The dark grey are Ryeland, different construction but the rib at the wrist need to be longer and the top rib shorter,

The brown are Shetland, better length but next time I need to pop in a couple of row before the thumb gusset.

They all fit but I'm looking for a 'go to ' pattern that's easy to knit, hopefully the next pair will fit the bill.

 

This has appeared on one of the spinning teams that I'm signed up for, whilst I'm not bothered about taking part to win anything, I think it would be fun to cross off a few of the squares as I go. Take a look at Team spinners study playground group on Facebook if you are interested. The fun starts next weekend so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather so I can spin outdoors.

1 comment:

Araignee said...

I hate knitting thumbs too. I always save them until both mitts are finished so I don't have to go through the agony more than once.