Wednesday 16 June 2021

ok then, just one more :-)

 HI

A chance post on Facebook about free fleece and  a comment from a former work colleague resulted in a knock on the door Saturday afternoon. A large black bag was handed over with a very quizzical look, apparently the bag had been passed onto yet another colleague who lived nearer to me and she really had no idea what I would be doing with it.


Last time I had a Texel fleece to spin it was awful so I was keeping my fingers crossed that this one would prove to be better. First impressions were favorable, not felted, not too dirty, not too much vegetation and a 3-4 inch staple length.


So it was into the buckets, washed, pegged out on the line and then combed as I have a real fondness for hand combed fleece 😀


I couldn't resist spinning the first comb full, just a quick spin to see how it felt ....


and of course, after spinning the fluff, I had to knit it...right ?


Now all I have to do is make more of these !! 

This will probably be the fleece that I take camping with us next time so the spun and knitted samples will help me explain what the devil I'm doing when I switch on my e-spinner.


1 comment:

Araignee said...

I had a bad experience with a Texel once too but that one looks lovely.