Tuesday 8 March 2022

Start of spring ?

 It was cold and frosty this morning but the sky was clear so three bags of fleece are blowing around on the line.

I took myself off into town for a wander round and a coffee, first stop was the train station to see if there was any new art in installations in the foyer,


This is a memorial to people who have lost their lives to prostate cancer.


I then headed down to the canal and this time headed off in the opposite direction to normal, the difference in canalside buildings is well marked.

Tradional


Modern


   The canal side is a hive of building activity which means more hoarding screens for the graffiti artists.





Next time I will follow the towpath further but for now this is as far as I went as the steps to rejoin the path are temporary on the other side and I may wait until there is something more solid or my poor old legs feel up to it (random ligament problems at present )


I left the canal at this point and circled back to Hopkinsons which is an antique shop/cafe /haunted museum near the railway station.



A mocha was very welcome as inspite of the sun the wind had been quite bitter down on the towpath, I sat inside shaded by the shutters , quietly knitting and listening to another x files audio book..


Even my stitching has a spring feeling about it, spot the yellow rabbit :-)



Speak soon xx

No comments: