Monday 24 October 2022

I'm back but not firing on all cylinders

 Hi,

I'm back, survived the heavy cold, survived living with a covid suffer (just) and currently still feeling a little under the weather and moody.

I eventually picked up the knitting needles and added a hat and mitts to the pile of knitting. Does anyone else save up their sewing in of ends until they have a bag full? I do this and then take them to the coffee shop and spend a morning chatting, exchanging gossip and finishing items off.

My plan is to do this tomorrow as we have a couple of nice days forecast so I can get things washed and blocked.

I've been washing my spinning as I go, and I am slowly building up stock to knit with over winter. I have plenty of washed fleece to process still so it looks like I will be busy. White skeins may be dyed at a late date, I'm leaving my options open at the moment.


(these skeins are colour coded with waste yarn, so I know what they are)

Confession about the two stitch alongs, the cross stich one is up to date, I'm just about to start week five which is the current week.



The blackwork one needs some love or putting on the back burner, I've yet to decide which.

Having cancelled my last two trips (fibre festival and return to the framework knitters) we are taking a day trip to Yorkshire soon to sort out some new bike boots and hopefully a weekend away sometime next month.

Thats about it for now as life is just a bit quiet but we are starting to plan a couple of road trips for next year so it will get more interesting x

Speak soon xx



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching project!
I save up my ends for when I have a good movie to watch. It's mind numbing work but I enjoy it if I have a good diversion.
Hope you are feeling better soon. I've had a bad case of the do-nothings for the past few weeks. I've had to force myself to get anything started.