Monday 31 October 2022

some woolly goodness but a lot of coughing.

 Hi

We are slowly recovering, Ian has returned to work but is exhausted when he gets home, and I've found that my cold has just left me feeling blaaah during the daytime.

However, I did left the house and visited my favourite cafe on Tuesday to meet up with some other knitters to put the world to rights.

Knitting this week has been headbands, three of them in assorted hand spun yarn. The dark brown is wensleydale / zwarbles and I love the feel of it.


I finished the Shetland / Dorset and a small skein of unknown white.


A pressing problem is the mounting number of small balls of yarn left over from projects. The larger ones will make mitts but the smaller ones need a project.


If you ignore the embroidery cotton, there sre almost 2 kilos of yarn here, I'm thinking maybe small squares for a lap blanket? maybe 8 inch and 4 inch depending on how much yarn is in the ball. I've had a play and may sort the yarn out later today into mitt knitting amounts or smaller.



I'm now on week six of the stitch along and I've even started square number 6 which is unusual as I normally don't touch it until Friday.


We cancelled our trip to Yorkshire for new motorcycle boots and instead had a couple of hours wandering round a local town.



If anyone has any other ideas for the very small amount of yarn, please let me know xx


Speak soon.


2 comments:

Araignee said...

Lovely projects! I've been lucky to be able to give my leftover balls away to the folks making those mitered square blankets. I can't fiddle with small balls so I am happy to hand them over to those with more patience.

Nadina said...

Such great colours;)

Best

Nadina