Sunday 26 May 2024

new lace project inspired by charity shop find

 Hi,

As you may have guessed, we have been away on our travels and one of our stops was at Dunster in Somerset. More about the Castle in a future post ( Interesting cross stitch) but we did call into the doll museum for a quick look round there second hand books and bric a brac on the way back to the bus stop.





That was where I spotted this little lady looking sad and unwanted with a price tag of £1.00, how could I leave her on the shelf? so she came back to the van with us and I think that it would be an interesting project to replace all the machine lace with bobbin lace. What do you think? shouldn't be too big a job and I do have a book of miniature lace patterns sat on the shelf at home,

The dress bodice is glued to the doll as is the cap but I think that I can get around that,

The chair and stand need a good sand down and maybe a coat of something. I have all the threads that I may need and it gives me an excuse to keep a lace pillow handy over the next few weeks,

BTW She is standing up due to not having knees and the complexity of the lace produced by just four bobbins is astounding.

1 comment:

Araignee said...

A doll rescue! How exciting. I hate to admit that at 70 I've got a terrible fascination for them all of a sudden. I've cleaned up and re-dressed my old childhood friends from the attic but I didn't stop there. I can't stop buying vintage Barbies.