Friday, 4 September 2026

Spinning wheels and horses

 Saturday saw two of us spinning in one of my favourite coffee houses, they even told us to stay as long as we wanted :-) you may recognise my fellow spinner if you have been following this blog for sometime.


Pete now dyes fibres and I took the opportunity to stock up with some for my next trip as I don't have time to prep much fibre and I spun most of my prepped stash for TDF

On Sunday we popped down to Clumber park where the East Midlands Ukulele Project have been putting on a season of concerts by local (ish) ukulele groups so I took my chair and my wheel and finished off the current bobbin.


On our way back to the car we spotted some familiar looking vehicles and had to investigate. Carters steam fair stopped touring in 2022 and many of their rides have new homes although Joby Carter continues to paint the traditional sign writing.


Alongside stood a wonderful showman's wagon, I do have a soft spot for these works of art.



                           Two rides and one stall were in use, the Dodgems with original signage.







and this carousel.

No comments: