Thursday 24 July 2008

finally got my birthday prezzi

OK, so my birthday was in May but like a good little girl I saved my pennies and added a few more and treated myself yesterday to a new camera to replace my aging Fuji z something that has been dropped and generally abused over the years- it was only 3 meg pixel but served me exceptionally well. I use a small compact when on the bike but wanted something with a bit more oomph for bike racing and days out.

looking at my first attempt with my new Canon, I think I'm going to have some fun :-) ( no editing, cropping just compressed slightly to make it quicker to upload) click to see detail.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great photo - have fun with your new prezzie. and Happy birthday for May!

Jane said...

Ohhh, a new camera!!!! It took a great shot and I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with it! Happy Belated Birthday too!

BumbleVee said...

beautiful shot Sue....looking forward to many more.... belated happy birthday from me too....

Alis Clair said...

Great photo Sue.
You will definitely have fun with your pressie. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations! Have lots of fun breaking it in. You're off to a good start with a great photo.

Pamela said...

Lovely. Is that a macro setting?

Guzzisue said...

Pamela- yes super macro, I'm pleased with it so far- still need to really play with it.

Papoosue said...

Wow! that looks really great close up, doesn't it? Which Canon did you go for? (only cos' I'm thinking along those lines myself).
Liked the post about Lindisfarne too, would love to visit there. x

Frances said...

love the photo Sue looks like you have a great camera there,