Wednesday 5 January 2011

undo or not?

I started this piece of lace around a year ago but it ended up in the cupboard when other interests started to take over my life. Looking at it again I find that I like the pattern but not the thread so tonight I will be cutting the threads and setting up something else. As I will be taking the pillow out with my, whatever I start need to be relatively easy as we always attract an audience no matter what we do. I'm still looking at my books....
Looking at it, I'm sure it's the variegated threads that I don't like, they distract from the pattern too much.
Just checked, I started this in October 2009 Yes, I think it must go. That must have been about the last time I made any lace!!Help! woolly fibres have taken over my life :-)

4 comments:

Sue Krekorian said...

What a shame. All that work... my pillow has not been out since my son became mobile and developed a profound interest in bobbins and consequently a thread-snapper. Now he's a 6ft 14 year old, I think he can be trusted not to do this any more!

If you were going to throw it away, can I offer it a home? I hope you're not, but if you are, I have an idea I've been waiting to try out...

Guzzisue said...

Hi not sure if you meant the lace or the pillow:-) I will definately be using the pillow but if you want the lace....you know where to find me

Jenny said...

I agree with Sue, I think it's a shame. At least if you cut it off, make use of it somewhere. Like maybe on a piece of crazy patchwork or something. Just so it is not totally a waste.

Lin Moon said...

Why not dye that beautiful lace a solid color? Don't toss out your hours of labor!