Friday 22 January 2016

bags finished!

The goodie bags are finished, all 50 of them!! this means that I can tidy away the material and my sewing machine, sweep the floor and settle down to some more embroidery!!

now, did I ever show you my needle case ? I used to have a stash of woollen blankets, all very old ( some still had the wartime utility label! ) and over the years they have been cut down, dyed and used in various projects. A small piece of one of them ended up as my needle case ( I have two but the other is awol at the mo) just the right size to slip in my bag.


My next job is to sort out the next colours to use on my doodle band then I can start to stitch :-)
TTFN :-)


4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have great plans for making goodie bags... at least that's my excuse for accumulating more fabric! I love your little needle case!

Araignee said...

Wow...you ARE a serious stitcher. Look at those needles and all that embroidery floss. I love your needle case and the story behind it. I can't fathom that pile of finished bags. That's ridiculously cool!

Josie said...

Wow 50 bags! I also love the vintage upcycled needlecase xx

Guzzisue said...

Hi, thanks for your comments. The bags were stitched over a few weeks but it was the last 10 then were the worse simply as I don't like doing the same thing too many times!! boredom sets in!