Sunday 17 June 2018

back in the van again

Hi

You may have worked out that we are trying to make a trip out every month between trying to tame the garden and wash fleeces (yes fleeces, I was expecting two from different sources but seem to have a bout six to wash!!)

This months trip was to Upton upon Severn, a charming village that annually hosts a Jazz festival, a Blues festival and a Folk festival . This year saw the Ist Upton upon Severn Ukulele festival.


Upton itself has many old buildings and we will return sometime to explore the little alleyways, investigate the museum and the antique shops but this time we were camping and hanging out with the ukeists.

As with any new venture, there are always teething problems but overall we had a really good weekend catching up with folks.

Watching the sun set over the campsite



watching the performers through out Saturday whilst catching up with a bit of spinning.


and later, another sunset.

Okay, Okay, I may have cheated a little with this picture, all the photos on this blog are untouched by any photo shopping but I thought I would just show the difference it can make. The original photo is below...


I did this to see how easy it would be to produce the Van life photos showing an idyllic life stye on Instagram and I must admit that this weekend I left my camera at home and simply used my phone.

Back to reality, the view from the door and the kitchen window was enough to help destress without any filters :-)




 and I got to wear my festival trousers !

 also discovered that some festival go'ers had four legs and were fairly small !!


Anyway, that's about it for this weekend, fleece washing next weekend and an update on the tdf prep progress.



1 comment:

Araignee said...

Love those trousers!!!!