Sunday 23 August 2020

Short and sweet

 Hi

Not a lot of crafting this week as the workmen have been back in the garden and I've been prepping fibre to take away with me.

On Monday it rained so sorting out our belongings from last weekend was the best bet.

Tuesday, the men came back and fitted the hand rail in the front garden, at long last it is finished ! I don't have any before photos to hand ( forgot to take them) but there was a hedge, large pampas grass, a pond, numerous conifers, two rockery areas, all overgrown. Basically it was a jungle that couldn't be tamed.

9.30 Tuesday night the power went off !!

So  7am Wednesday morning the garden looked  looked like this.

By 9.30am it was beginning to look like this!


I could have cried 😥

Its all back together now, joint effort by the electric board and the landscape garden team.


On the crafting front, I've started a new strip of lace. I'm still thinking about the best way to display them but I've found a lot of acrylic felt so maybe I'll just mount them then stick into one of my numerous sketchbooks.

I've also prepped about 500 gm more of the Jacob ready to take away with me as I wanted and easy spin whilst camping.

As the TDF is starting again next weekend, I'm in two minds whether to take part. I may include my spindle again then I can at least do a few mins each day.

That really is about it for now, sorry for such a short post, have a great weekend xx.


1 comment:

Araignee said...

What an adventure!