Monday 28 December 2020

So what comes next?

 Hi

Well, that's Christmas out of the way, just a few days until the New Year. Theses in-between days are always a bit strange, even more so this year as hubby has a couple more days off work than usual.

This was the first time ever that I've not worked Christmas Eve or the nearest working day to it. I still find it a bit strange knowing that I left that job behind in March. Also, whether the result of finishing work or not, I'm 21 pounds lighter (yippee) making a total of 35 pounds since we bought the van !!!


ok, not the most flattering photo but definitely the most recent one. Also , some of you may not know what I look like !!

In spite of all the world madness, we still managed five trips out in the van giving us the chance to explore new places.

Knaresborough

Belper


Ferry Meadows, Peterborough

Isle of Wight

Cromer





Old hobbies have been rediscovered in the form of cross stitch and blackwork embroidery and the size of my craft stash is beginning to hit home.

So, plans for next year?

Travel plans are on hold (obviously) until things improve but my biggest pan is to use up my stash and buy as little as possible in the way of craft supplies. Okay, there have been a couple more purchases since my last post but I'm planning my projects to included a blackwork stitch a long and a fleece stash busting spinning session. I dread to think what is lurking at the bottom of some of the cupboards !!


Partially complete outline for the blackwork SAL starting in January.

I'm also slowly changing my diet, hoping to drop another dress size by the summer.


I almost forgot, latest purchases,

32 count fabric and two cross stitch charts of vintage motorcycles, its ok, its only 27 December and my no spend starts on Jan 1st !!



I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year xx

4 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I also plan to craft from my stash. There is a lot of beautiful yarn, fiber, and thread sitting on the shelf. Enjoy the holidays and best wishes for the new year.

Araignee said...

You look fantastic! It's amazing to see how much better we look after retirement. I was doing great until the pandemic. I think I've aged 10 years in 10 months. I hate to see what I'll look like by the time it's all over.

Guzzisue said...

Monica
HI, thanks for you comment, I suspect that there quite a few of us planning low cost stash crafting next year :-)

Guzzisue said...

Araignee, Thanks for the compliment x I'm sure we will both look fine once things settle down. in the meantime we touch base through our blogs, take care xx